2013年3月30日 星期六

12個應該被糾正的台式英文



住在外面


台式說法
live outside

正確說法
live on one's own


住旅館


台式說法
live in a hotel

正確說法
stay in a hotel


兩球冰淇淋


台式說法
two balls of ice cream

正確說法
two scoops of ice cream


好久不見


台式說法
Long time no see.

正確說法
It has been a long time since I saw you last.


我很痛苦


台式說法
I am painful.

正確說法
I am in pain.


你是做什麼工作的呢?


台式說法
What's your job?

正確說法
What do you do for a living?


我想我不行


台式說法
I think I can't.

正確說法
I don't think I can.


價錢很昂貴/便宜


台式說法
The price is too expensive/cheap.

正確說法
The price is too high/ rather low.


明天我有事情要做


台式說法
I have something to do tomorrow.

正確說法
I am tied up all day tomorrow.


他的身體很健康


台式說法
His body is healthy.

正確說法
He is in good health./He is healthy.


我的英文很糟糕


台式說法
My English is poor.

正確說法
My English isn't very good.
My English is a little weak.
I am still having a few problems, but I am getting better.


現在幾點鐘了?


台式說法
What time is it now?

正確說法
What time is it, please?








2013年3月4日 星期一

He will never have a girlfriend.


今天來跟大家介紹一個國外常見的笑梗

" He will never have a girlfriend. "
(他永遠不可能交到女朋友啦)

這個笑梗通常是用來描述那種小時候其貌不揚,長大之後卻「男大十八變」的男生

圖的模式通常是先放一張該男生小時候其貌不揚的照片,旁邊的麥片男會邊吃麥片邊酸他 " He will never have a girlfriend. "

接著就會再放上那個男生長大(變身)後的照片,然後麥片男就會因為太驚訝而當場把麥片噴了一地

附上幾張比較經典的 " He will never have a girlfriend. " 圖片